The engagement ring that you will propose with to your significant other symbolizes the love between you and the life that you have chosen to commit to together. When picking a ring to propose with, you will want it to really be something that will show your love for each other and your significant other will really love to wear. Custom engagement rings offer a very unique aesthetic to showing your love; very fitting for the person you consider to be very special for you.
Having an engagement ring custom made is different from purchasing one that is already pre-made and being displayed in the shop. Custom engagement rings take time and effort. The engagement ring is something that your partner will be wearing forever so it is only fitting that you invest into making sure that it will be something she will love. Here is you can create a custom engagement ring for your significant other.
- Begin the process early – The process of creating a custom engagement ring involves discussing the design and picking the materials and then it goes on to being crafted. It can take a number of visits to finalize the design and then more time in crafting and bringing the ring to life. Because of the time required for the process, it is better to have the ring made early on if you plan to propose to your significant other on a very specific date.
- Use some reference pictures – Trying to come up with a design for the custom engagement ring can be a challenge. It is really helpful to go online and search for some ring designs that you feel your partner would like and use them for reference. Bring these pictures with you when you are going to be discussing the design with the jeweler.
- Find a good jeweler who shares the same aesthetic – When having an engagement ring custom made, you will want to work with a jeweler who understands your vision and will be able to create the ring that you want. When looking for a good jeweler, ask around for referrals from friends and family and check to see if that jeweler is someone that you will want to work with.
- Choosing the metal and stone – Engagement rings are traditionally made from gold (yellow and white), silver, or platinum. If you are opting for something custom made, you can break from the traditional and go for other metals including titanium, rose gold, etc. For the stone, think about what your significant other likes. Try to see if you can find out what kind of gemstone they like and have that to be on the custom engagement ring.
- Once into casting, allow for further adjustments and have patience – Once the design for the custom engagement ring is finalized, the casting will begin. The casting process does take some time so you will have to be patient. In addition, further adjustments will be added during this process to really make the ring one of a kind.