If you are considering taking Xanax for any reason, then you need to first weigh out the pros and cons of this type of drug. Xanax is a prescription drug that is prescribed by doctors for treating anxiety. It is in a different drug family then pain killers, such as Percocet or Oxycontin. Unfortunately, Xanax is highly addictive and is something that is harder and harder to get by a doctor. Its value on the black market has risen and you can find that the street value of prescription drugs such as Xanax has risen due to its demand.
Due to the high addiction rate of Xanax, it is something to consider when trying to decide if you will take it or not. If your doctor has been mentioning Xanax to you, then you really want to consider if it is worth taking or not. Listed here are both the pros and cons that come along with choosing to take Xanax for your anxiety:
Here are the pros for choosing to take Xanax as prescribed by your doctor:
- It can help with your anxiety. If you are trying to treat your anxiety, then taking Xanax may the the cure to help you get the help you need. However, it is not something to take that will magically make you better. If you have anxiety or depression, then you will need other forms of therapy to get better while taking Xanax.
- It can help treat panic disorders. You can also use Xanax to treat panic disorders and should also be followed up with additional forms of therapy as Xanax alone will not solve the problem, it will only help you feel better at the time.
- It can help treat depression. You can also use Xanax in order to treat your depression. If you are trying to treat depression, then you will want to try a myriad of therapies but Xanax can be a good start as it will help you feel better immediately. This will give you more strength to then heal the problems that are causing your depression in the first place.
Here are the cons for choosing to take Xanax as prescribed by your doctor:
- It is highly addictive. One reason to use Xanax with caution or to choose not to take it at all is that it is highly addictive. This means that you will want to be very careful with it as you will want to make sure that you don’t become addicted to it!
- It can lead to overdose or death. If you take too much of it or if you have any type of underlying health issues, then taking Xanax can lead to overdose or even death.
- You can’t drink alcohol while taking this medication.
As you can see, there are both pros and cons that come along with taking Xanax. If you want to learn more about this prescription drug, then you will want to research it online. You can also find out more about Xanax and the street value of Xanax by visiting www.streetrx.com.